King Kol I Baratheon is a major character in the fifth, sixth and seventh seasons. He is played by starring cast member Alexander Ludwig and debuts in "The War to Come". Kol is mentioned in the first season but did not appear until the fifth season.
Kol is the older brother of late King Joffrey, Princess Myrcella and King Tommen, and originally Robert's heir presumptive to the Iron Throne. Though legally the son of the late King Robert Baratheon and Queen Cersei Lannister, his true father is Ser Jaime Lannister, the Queen's twin brother. His sole biological grandparents, Tywin and Joanna Lannister, were also first cousins. He was deceased when the events of the series begin, but was later resurrected and returned to King's Landing.
His formal style is Kol of the House Baratheon, First of His Name, King of the Forests, King of the Andals and the First Men, Protector of the Seven Kingdoms, Lord of Storm's End, Lord Paramount of the Stormlands.
Powers and Abilities
Kol Baratheon possesses a number of supernatural powers – it is not, at present, clear how many of these are unique to him.
- Greensight: Kol has the ability to receive prophetic visions, starting off in the form of dreams. Kol's powers extend far beyond simply viewing events unfold; he is capable of influencing past events, though he cannot change what was predestined to occur already.
- Enhanced Greensight: While in tree warrior form, Kol can have vivid visions of past, present, and future events, including those far away from himself.
- Chlorokinesis: Kol is able to manipulate plants. He can cause plants to grow, move/attack and even rise from the soil and "walk", revive withered or dead plants and make them sprout seeds/fruits/berries. He can also grasp and strike with vines and roots, project thorns at a distance, and quickly regenerate them at will, make vines grow and climb around a target's neck, causing choking, or even strike with plants.
- Pyrokinesis: Kol is capable of pyrokinesis. He can mentally generate fire, projecting flames from his hands or having it surround his body in a protective cocoon. He can also incinerate anyone with a single touch, reducing a whole man to ashes in seconds.
- Superior strength: Kol has incredible enhanced strength capable of lifting a fully grown man by the throat and snapping his neck with one hand.
- Regeneration: Kol can heal/regenerate from any and all non fatal injuries. He heal from a sword's wound that was run through his chest within seconds.
- White Walker reversion: Kol can turn a White Walker into a human again with a single touch.
- Healing: Kol is able to heal others from wounds, illnesses and diseases. He was able to grant a blind man sight.
- Animal communication: Kol can communicate with animals.
- Tree Warrior transformation: Kol can transform into a giant tree creature with enhanced durability and agility, sharp thorn claws, elasticity, thorn projection and sleeping gas emission.
|Season Five appearances|
|The Wars to Come||The House of Black and White||High Sparrow||Sons of the Harpy||Kill the Boy|
|Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken||The Gift||Hardhome||The Dance of Dragons||Mother’s Mercy|
|Season Six appearances|
|The Red Woman||Home||Oathbreaker||Book of the Stranger||The Door|
|Blood of My Blood||The Broken Man||No One||Battle of the Bastards||The Winds of Winter|